Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Counselling)
The Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Counselling) at Torrens University Australia will equip you with the practical skills and knowledge required to work with different groups as a counsellor in a variety of areas, including community settings, counselling organisations and the health services sector.
|Duration:||3 years (full-time)|
|Starting in:||February, June|
|Tuition Fee:||AUD 25,304 per year|
This Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Counselling) at Torrens University Australia is a three year full-time, dynamic qualification that will provide you with the theoretical and practical skills you need to pursue a career as a counsellor. As part of this course, you’ll choose two elective units to complement the 22 core subjects. You’ll also be able to apply your learnings to clinical situations with around 400 hours of work placement.
- Apply specific counselling modalities and interventions to meet the needs of clients.
- Explain mental health and the impact of mental ill health on individuals and families.
- Respond to human diversity and establish working relationships with clients.
- Apply effective counselling interventions with people presenting with alcohol, drug abuse and addiction.
- Apply constructive methods to facilitate change.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling.
- Refer clients to other health professionals as appropriate.
“I just cannot even begin to describe the positive impact Torrens has had on me. “
Tanesha Ytsma // Student Of Diploma Of Health And Wellbeing